We are currently looking for an experienced candidate to fill our GP Practice Nurse jobs in Coventry and join our team in a full-time capacity. A GP practice nurse will have the role of providing a diverse range of nursing care to patients within the Greater Coventry Area. This will involve patients of all ages. This individual will practice independently, safely, ethically, and legally within the scope of the Practicing Nurse Prescriber, prescribing medications and other therapies according to best practices.
Job Description for GP Practice Nurse jobs in Coventry:
The role requires liaising with other healthcare professionals, providing advice and education to other healthcare professionals and patients, and also ensuring accurate documentation is kept on file. A valid nursing license and certification as a GP practice nurse.
Responsibilities for GP Practice Nurse jobs in Coventry:
- Performing initial assessments, like medical histories of patients
- Managing chronic and acute illnesses
- Provide medical advice to patients with any health-related issues
- Administer vaccines and immunizations to patients
- Maintain patient records
- Participate in research studies
- Uphold ethical standards
Qualifications for a GP Practice Nurse job in Coventry
To register and practice as a general practice nurse in the United Kingdom, you must first meet the following qualifications:
- Firstly, you must be a registered nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Secondly, you must have completed a recognized prescribing qualification.
- Thirdly, you must have at least two years of post-registration experience as a nurse.
- Fourthly, you must be able to demonstrate competence in prescribing.
Skills and experience required
- Medical knowledge and clinical skills
- Knowledge of pharmacology and medications
- Ability to assess and interpret patients’ conditions
- Ability to document patient care and medications accurately
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide patient education
- Understanding of relevant legal and ethical issues
- Authorization to prescribe medications
We offer competitive rates of £25 to £40 per hour (all inclusive of holiday pay)
We have exclusive, weekly access to shifts across the UK and you can pick up jobs a day before – or even up to 12 months in advance!
There are no minimum shift requirements, and whatever your question is, our friendly team is here to support you. Plus, registering with us is fast and easy too!
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Working Hours : 40 hours per week
To be considered for our current recruitment round, please apply through our website link or submit your application to If we accept your application, we’ll be in touch to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.
How to become a GP practice nurse in the UK?
To become a GP practice nurse in the UK, you typically need to complete a nursing degree or diploma, which usually takes three to four years. The most common route is to study a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in nursing at a university or college that is approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
After completing your nursing degree, you will need to register with the NMC in order to practice as a nurse in the UK. Once registered, you can apply for jobs as a GP practice nurse in primary care settings.
Some employers may prefer candidates with previous experience in a similar role, or may require additional qualifications such as a postgraduate diploma in primary care nursing.
In addition to formal qualifications, it is important for GP practice nurses to have excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a team, and a caring and compassionate approach to patient care. Ongoing professional development is also essential for maintaining and improving skills and knowledge throughout your career.