Locummeds Agency is looking to fill an urgent care practitioner job in Newcastle that is available now. So, are you a highly skilled and compassionate healthcare professional seeking an exciting opportunity to provide urgent medical care in the bustling city of Newcastle? Look no further! We are currently seeking a dedicated Urgent Care Practitioner to join our esteemed medical team. If you thrive in fast-paced environments, have a passion for helping others, and possess exceptional clinical expertise, this role is tailor-made for you.
Job Description of an urgent care practitioner in Newcastle:
As an urgent care practitioner, you will be responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating a range of minor illnesses and injuries, such as infections, wounds, fractures, sprains, and burns. You will work autonomously but also collaborate with other members of the multidisciplinary team, such as nurses, doctors, pharmacists, and paramedics. You will use your clinical skills and judgment to provide high-quality and patient-centered care, following the best practice guidelines and protocols.
Qualifications of an urgent care practitioner in Newcastle:
To be eligible for this role, you will need to have:
- A relevant qualification in nursing, paramedicine, or another allied health profession
- A valid registration with the NMC, HCPC, or another relevant professional body
- At least two years of experience in an urgent care setting, such as an emergency department, a minor injuries unit, or a walk-in centre
- A prescribing qualification or willingness to undertake one
Responsibilities of an urgent care practitioner in Newcastle:
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients with minor illnesses and injuries
- Prescribing, administering, and dispensing medications as appropriate
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests and investigations as needed
- Referring patients to other services or specialists as required
- Documenting and recording patient information and care plans
- Providing health education and advice to patients and their families
- Participating in quality improvement and audit activities
- Maintaining and updating your clinical knowledge and skills
Requirements for an urgent care practitioner job in Newcastle:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- A high level of professionalism and ethical standards
- A positive and compassionate attitude towards patients and colleagues
- A respect for diversity and confidentiality
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven skills and experience in urgent care practice
- A sound knowledge of clinical guidelines and protocols
- A strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A good understanding of the urgent care system and pathways
- A keen interest in developing and improving urgent care services
- A familiarity with using electronic health records and systems
Benefits of an urgent care practitioner:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A supportive and friendly work environment
- A comprehensive induction and training programme
- Opportunities for career progression and development
- Access to a range of staff wellbeing initiatives
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
How to Apply:
If you are an experienced Urgent Care Practitioner with a passion for delivering top-notch healthcare services and are excited to work in the heart of Newcastle, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your updated resume and a compelling cover letter outlining your relevant experience and dedication to this role.
To be considered for our summer recruitment round, please apply through our website link. If we accept your application, we’ll be in touch to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.
Urgent Care Practitioner Job in Newcastle can also be found here on the Indeed job website.
If you are an experienced Urgent Care Practitioner with a passion for providing high-quality care, we want to hear from you. Apply now to join our healthcare team in Newcastle and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
For more urgent care Practitioner Jobs kindly explore our Medical jobs page by clicking here
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom