We are currently seeking a skilled and compassionate General Dentist to join our general dentist jobs in Edinburgh. As one of the top-rated dental offices in the area, we offer a comprehensive range of dental services to patients of all ages. If you are a qualified and experienced dentist looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Job Description of a General Dentist Job in Edinburgh:
As a general dentist in our Edinburgh office, you will be responsible for providing high-quality dental care to our patients. This includes performing routine dental procedures, such as cleanings, fillings, extractions, and root canals, as well as more complex procedures, such as dental implants and cosmetic dentistry. You will also be responsible for educating patients on proper oral hygiene and recommending appropriate treatments to address their dental needs.
Responsibilities of a General Dentist Job in Edinburgh:
- Perform routine dental procedures, such as cleanings, fillings, and extractions.
- Administer local anesthetics to patients as needed.
- Evaluate and treat dental emergencies.
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients with complex dental issues.
- Educate patients on proper oral hygiene techniques.
- Recommend appropriate treatments to address patients’ dental needs.
- Manage patient care and maintain accurate patient records.
- Collaborate with dental specialists as needed.
Qualifications for a General Dentist job in Edinburgh:
- A degree in dentistry from an accredited institution.
- A valid dental license in the state of Edinburgh.
- Knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to educate patients on proper oral hygiene.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage patient care effectively.
Skills for the General Dentist job:
- Strong clinical skills in all aspects of general dentistry
- Knowledge of dental software and digital technology
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to educate patients on oral hygiene techniques and procedures
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a general dentistry role
- Experience working with patients of all ages
- Experience with dental software and digital technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- State-of-the-art facility with modern technology
- Flexible schedule and work-life balance
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
To be considered for our summer recruitment round, please apply through our website link. If we accept your application, we’ll be in touch to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.
Date posted: February 2024
Expiry date: March 2025
If you’re looking for an exciting new opportunity in the field of general dentistry, apply for our general dentist jobs in Edinburgh today. Such jobs can also be found on the Indeed jobs website
How can I work as a General Dentist in the UK?
To become a general dentist in the UK, firstly, you must first obtain a degree in dentistry from a dental school that is accredited by the General Dental Council (GDC). The standard degree programme is five years in length and is typically divided into two parts: a three-year pre-clinical phase, which focuses on foundational scientific knowledge, and also a two-year clinical phase, which provides practical experience in treating patients under the supervision of qualified dentists.
Secondly, after completing the degree programme, graduates must register with the GDC and complete one year of vocational training, which involves working in a dental practice while receiving additional supervision and training.
Thirdly, you can work as a general dentist in the UK. However, to maintain your registration with the GDC, you must meet certain requirements for continuing professional development (CPD) and undergo regular revalidation. This involves completing a set number of hours of CPD each year, keeping up-to-date with changes in dental practice and technology, and undergoing periodic assessments of your skills and knowledge.
By meeting these requirements, you can ensure that you are providing the highest quality of care to your patients and also maintaining the standards set by the GDC.
For more General Dentist jobs, explore our job listings page