We are currently looking for an experienced candidate to fill our General Practice Nurse Job in Manchester and join our team in a full-time capacity. A General Practice nurse will have the role of providing a diverse range of nursing care to patients within the Greater Manchester area. This will involve patients of all ages. This individual will practice independently, safely, ethically, and legally within the scope of the Practicing Nurse Prescriber, prescribing medications and other therapies according to best practices.
Job Description for a General Practice Nurse in Manchester
The role requires liaising with other healthcare professionals, providing advice and education to other healthcare professionals and patients, and also ensuring accurate documentation is kept on file. A valid nursing license, certification as a general practice nurse.
Responsibilities for a General Practice Nurse in Manchester
– Conducting health assessments such as medical history
– Administration of immunizations and vaccines to patients
– Provide medical advice to patients with any health-related issues
– Management and monitoring of patients with chronic conditions
– Maintain patient records
– Provision of health education and promotion to patients
– Uphold ethical standards
Qualifications for a General Practice Nurse
To register and practice as a general practice nurse in the United Kingdom, you must first meet the following qualifications:
- Firstly, you must be a registered nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Secondly, you must have completed a recognized prescribing qualification.
- Thirdly, you must have at least two years of post-registration experience as a nurse.
- Fourthly, you must be able to demonstrate competence in prescribing.
Skills and experience required for the GPN job
- Medical knowledge and clinical skills
- Knowledge of pharmacology and medications
- Ability to assess and interpret patients’ conditions
- Ability to document patient care and medications accurately
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide patient education
- Understanding of relevant legal and ethical issues
- Authorization to prescribe medications
We offer competitive rates per hour
We have exclusive, weekly access to shifts across the UK and you can pick up jobs a day before – or even up to 12 months in advance!
There are no minimum shift requirements, and whatever your question is, our friendly team is here to support you. Plus, registering with us is fast and easy too!
Type of Employment: Full Time
Working Hours : 40 hours per week
To be considered for our current recruitment round, please apply through our website link or submit your application to If we accept your application, we’ll be in touch to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.