My client is a one of the UK’s largest independent private healthcare providers who work in very close partnership with the NHS.
This service in Darwen, We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner based on minor injuries provides inpatient and day case elective surgery across the following specialities Orthopaedics, Oral Surgery, Gynaecology, General Surgery, ENT (ear, nose and throat), Urology, Eye Surgery, Endoscopy and Pain Management.
The role is to assist in the provision of a quality nurse led service to patients attending the Minor Injury Unit. The post holder will assess patients health needs with a range of minor illness and injury conditions, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals and/or seek advice and support from a more experienced member of staff.
- Prioritise patient care throughout the unit, assuming shift leader responsibility allocating staff and resources effectively, as and when rostered to this function.
- Assist in orientation and support to new staff to the unit.
- Support junior staff with supervision and development.
- To participate & assist in the monitoring, review & evaluation of nursing practice
- To participate and assist in the setting of standards of patient care
- Promote clinical excellence and best evidence-based practice at all times.
- Participates in the reporting of Clinical and Non-Clinical Risk Assessments and incidents.
- Assist in the investigation of verbal and written complaints according to Company Policy.
Clinical Professional Responsibilities
- Assess an individual’s health needs and provide holistic care.
- Administer treatment within local guidelines/protocols.
- Administer medication within Patient Group Directions
- Ensure clinical protocols are adhered to at all times.
- Evidence of recent Study (PREP)
- Recognised Minor Illness. Injuries Certificate or willingness to undertake
- Recognised Nurse Prescribing Qualification
We are currently looking for several Nurse Practitioners for a locum or permanent job in Darwen.
Locum Meds do their best to negotiate a salary better than Indeed Nurse Practitioner jobs.
This Nurse Practitioner will have a new job located in Darwen.
Many Nurse Practitioners have jobs in Darwen, but what would convince you to make a new move? Please call us to discuss.
Call us 01923 594 002